Janet M. Mirror
428 Main Street, Elmira, NY 00000 (000) 000-5555/000-4444
Position in Office Support/Customer Service
Skills and Abilities
1993 – Present
|General Office Clerk||Elmira Power Company, Elmira, NY|
1989 – 1993
|Receptionist/Clerk||James Company, Elmira, NY|
1988 – 1989
|Office Assistant||Temporary Services, Elmira, NY|
1986 – 1988
|Secretary||Elmira Health Services, Elmira, NY|
1980 – 1986
|Receptionist/Typist||Elmira Paper Company, Elmira, NY|
1978 – 1978
|Customer Service Clerk||Precision Company, Elmira, NY|
Elmira Community College, Elmira, NY
A.A.S., Secretarial Science
Precision Company, Elmira, NY
Various Customer Service Seminars
Elmira Health Services, Elmira, NY
Attended various Secretarial Seminars
Obtained JET Proofreading Certificate
555 North Park Avenue, Linden, New Jersey 07000 (201) 888-8888
Efficient Administrative Assistant/Secretary experienced in working with senior management… Skilled in tracking data, preparing reports and generating business communications….Computer literate with ability to utilize varied business software….Considered highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
|NANCY DREW INC., Rutherford, New Jersey||
|ROADWAY EXPRESS, Fair Lawn, New Jersey||
Dispatched drivers and scheduled deliveries for major trucking firm.
|TOY IMPORTS, Hackensack, New Jersey||
Liaison with international vendors to settle claims amounting to several million dollars yearly.
Windows & DOS
|WordPerfect (5.1 & 6.0)||Lotus 1-2-3|
|Accounts Payable||Speed Writing|
1111 North Hill Street, Radcliff, Kentucky 40100 (502) 351-0000
Corrections Rehabilitation Counselor
Summary of Qualifications
Master’s degree in Counseling. Bachelor of Science degrees in Criminal Justice and Psychology.
Over 20 years of experience in corrections.
Excellent interpersonal skills with staff and inmate population and sensitive to their problems and counseling needs. A proven team-player who works well with people and can be counted on in any type of situation.
FEDERAL CORRECTION FACILITY Any City, USA
Deputy Education Director & Operations Officer Mar 92 – Present
- Counseled inmates and correlated day-to-day administrative operations for this facility which provided vocational training and educational classes to prisoners. As Custody Control Administrator, handled all disciplinary problems, maintained a roster of all day and evening students/inmates and instituted a system to monitor student’s progress and course completion. Developed and established a program to provide evening college classes. Coordinated with local universities to contract instructors.
- As Assistant Test Control Officer, administered and graded GED, DANTE, and ASIP tests. Awarded high school diploma, college semester hours, or certified students in vocational areas such as auto mechanics. Occasionally escorted prisoners into the city to take tests that could not be provided by any other means.
- Supervised six subordinate administrative employees. Acted as liaison to ten contracted teachers and resolved problems.
- Coordinated and established an inmate barber shop which resulted in an annual savings of $10,000.
- Consistently received commendable/outstanding ratings during security and safety inspections.
- Selected to attend Correctional Management Training which was usually reserved for prison wardens and correctional administrators.
- Coordinated and implemented educational programs for inmates to return them to civilian life with better employment skills.
FEDERAL CORRECTION FACILITY Any City USA
Correctional Counselor July 8 – Mar 92
- As Counselor, had a case-load of approximately 150 inmates; counseled each inmate at least twice a month and provided advice concerning their personal problems. Counseled and advised families, arranged visits, and occasionally assisted spouses find lodging near the facility.
- Escorted and closely supervised inmates who were allowed to return home during times of family emergencies or death. Sat on Disciplinary Board and Parole Board and made recommendations for clemency, parole, etc., based upon thorough knowledge of each case. Issued medications and maintained an accurate, detailed record of medications which were dispensed. Served on the Classification Board; after careful review of records, made recommendations for custody-level of new arrivals and determined appropriate work assignments.
STATE CORRECTION FACILITY Any City, USA
Chief of Employment Branch Dec 80 – Jul 86
- Supervised 11 staff personnel and evaluated their performance. Provided employee training, guidance and counseling.
- Managed the office responsible for providing work details to the community. Inmate details included such tasks as mowing grass, providing office-building maintenance, shop work, and routine repairs.
- Counseled and evaluated approximately 130 inmates. Ensured that prisoners’ surroundings were secure at all times. Monitored their activities and assigned employment details based on the inmate’s background and custody level. Assigned guards to escort prisoners.
- Attended weekly staff meetings with superiors and made recommendations. Attended semi-monthly in-service training sessions on various topics including riot control, apprehension planning and practice exercises, use of gas masks, and survival training.
REGIONAL CORRECTION FACILITY Any City, USA
Chief of Prisoners’ Service & Supervision Branch May 76 – Dec. 80
- As Chief of Prisoners Service Branch, supervised 25 employees. Assigned duties and evaluated job performance. Provided employee training and counseling. Managed the administration office, prisoner property and funds section, supply room, mail room, and probation and parole sections. Supervised all aspects of prisoner’s processing into and out of the Regional Correctional Facility.
- As Chief of Supervision Branch, supervised and managed the guard force consisting of 110 personnel. Awarded Best Safety Program twice in one year.
- Devised, developed, and implemented the Vocational Employment Training Program for minimum custody inmates. Work site supervisors provided inmates with on-the-job-training in such areas as carpentry and plumbing. At the end of the program, inmates were given certificates to be used for future employment stating they had received vocational training in particular areas.
- Developed, staffed, and implemented an Escort Section which increased security and provided excellent inmate accountability. Supervised three guards whose responsibilities included scheduling appointments and escorting prisoners to medical and legal appointments.
UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY Lexington, KY
Master of Arts in Counseling
EASTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY Richmond, KY
Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
Bachelor of Science in Psychology
Addendum containing information on additional training courses is available upon request.
STEVEN JAMES WENDINGTON
33 Croton Drive
Atlanta, GA 60543
PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS/WORK PROFILE:
HERITAGE TECHNICAL, 1980-1995
Organizational Budgeting/Senior Cost Analyst
Lead Program Administrator (Program Controller)
Lead Program Administrator/Program Controller, County Wide Integrated
Radio System Program, 1991-94
Lead Program Administrator/Program Controller, Digital Antenna Mast Program, 1990-91
Lead Program Administrator/Supervisor, Federal Emergency Management Administrator Program, 1985-90
Lead Program Administrator/Automated Weather Information Distribution System Program, 1983-85
Senior Program Administrator/Supervisor, Data System Modernization Program, 1981-83
Senior Cost Analyst, Finance Department Product Line Support, 1980-81
EDUCATION, SEMINARS AND SPECIALIZED TRAINING:
BS in Business Administration, GPA 3.7 w/Honors, Jones College, Atlanta,
Program Management Systems 1 & 11, Cost Accounting Leader Training, Project Control System Training, Administrative Workshop Investments, Effective Negotiating, Employee Interaction Cost/Schedule Control Systems, Humphreys & Associates, Atlanta, GA.
To secure a challenging position as a Systems Analyst in a progressive company.
Over 12 years experience in writing, modifying and troubleshooting computer programs.
HIGHLIGHTS OF ACHIEVEMENTS
Martin Space Corporation: Employee of the Quarter three times with commendations for development of database systems that allow for smooth transitioning of company procedures.
Computer Systems, Inc., and Computer Corporation:
Martin Space Corporation, Boston, Massachusetts – 03/15/90 to Present
Computer Programmer Analyst – 03/16/96 to Present
Management Systems Coordinator Senior – 01/07/95 to 03/15/96
Computer Programmer Senior – 03/15/90 to 01/06/95
Computer Systems, Inc., Melbourne, Florida – 04/89 to 12/90
Computer Corporation, Melbourne, Florida – 09/87 to 04/89
Member of Technical Staff/B Programmer
As Programming Team Leader, supervised three programmers and one test data developer.
Shinney Corporation, Huntsville, Alabama – 07/85 to 09/87
Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, D. C. - 06/82 to 12/82
& 06/83 to 12/83
Bachelor of Science in Systems Science – 1984
University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
Associate of Arts in Computer Science – 1981
Gainesville Community College, Gainesville, Florida
|OBJECTIVE||To utilize proven abilities in administrative management with a dynamic, growth-oriented enterprise where contributions to organizational objectives would result in long-term association and provide opportunities for further advancement.|
|PROFESSIONAL PROFILE||Combines university degree with more than
ten years experience in high- volume,
active business environments, which demand sound judgment and well-developed decision-making abilities. Proficiencies include, but are not limited to:
|Management & Administration||Account Management|
|Program Coordination||Negotiating Techniques|
|Procedure Development||Problem Prevention|
|Client Relations||Profit Building|
Your Administrative Staff, Inc., Scottsdale,
1995 to Present
|VeriGant, Inc., New York, NY
Assistant Manager: Corporate Travel Services
1994 to 1995
|Simulas: New York, New York, NY
1990 to 1994
|World Specialists Group, New York, NY
Director of Corporate Sales
1988 to 1990
|EDUCATION||State University of New York, New York, NY
Bachelor of Science degree – English
Graduated with Honors