Sample 1: (Chronological)
555 Central Avenue
Albany NY 12239
(518) 555-5554 (home)
(518) 555-5555 (cell)
I am an administrative professional with experience providing support to our director and executive level staff.
I have a proven track record of managing multiple priorities, effectively supervising staff, and producing accurate,
complete and timely reports and correspondence. I have strong computer skills in a variety of computer systems and
applications. Seeking Secretary 1 position with opportunities for growth.
|New York State Office of General Services, Albany, NY
|Keyboard Specialist 2
- Produce correspondence, reports and charts utilizing various spreadsheets, word processing and data base programs for executive level staff.
- Compile monthly and quarterly reports for executive staff and ensure appropriate and timely distribution.
- Distribute incoming correspondence and draft responses to general program inquiries.
- Supervise office clerical staff, assign work and ensure necessary office coverage.
- Develop office procedures manual and train staff.
- Ensure staff work is completed accurately and in an efficient, timely fashion.
|New York State Department of Labor, Albany, NY
|Keyboard Specialist 1
- Entered client information into various information systems and prepared case files for the Director?s office.
- Prepared and proofread letters to clients and ensured appropriate format, content, and distribution.
- Routed all incoming correspondence to appropriate staff and tracked responses in a database.
- Prepared standard reports for the Director?s Office from data in tracking databases.
- Managed extensive paper-based and automated file keeping systems for the Director?s office.
- Maintained office equipment and kept records of maintenance and repairs.
EDUCATION: Associate of Science, Business Administration, Hudson Valley Community College
COMPUTER SKILLS: Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft SQL, Lotus Notes, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Fluent in Spanish
Sample 2: (Functional)
444 Central Avenue
Albany NY 12239
(518) 4444-4444 (home)
(518) 444-4445 (cell)
Summary of Qualifications
Skilled tradesman with plumbing and steamfitting, HVAC, automotive, electrical, maintenance and carpentry experience.
- Repaired and maintained plumbing and steamfitting equipment, including adjusting thermostats and overhauling vacuum pumps.
- Performed maintenance on automotive equipment, including lubrication, changing/repairing tires, adjusting brakes, and replacing starters, fuel pumps, wheel bearings, and gas tanks.
- Performed general maintenance and carpentry, including repairing doors, installing hardware, replacing damaged floor and ceiling tile, and painting.
- Maintained and repaired facility HVAC equipment, including replacing filters and pumps, and replacing and adjusting components.
- Repaired electrical equipment and appliances, assembled and dissembled equipment, cleaned and tested parts, and reported operating condition.
||Office Of General Services
||State University at Albany
|Shaker High School, Latham, NY
|Regents Diploma with Building Technology Technical Endorsement
Certificates and Certifications
|In progress: Applied Skilled Trades, Carpentry Program
|NYS & CSEA Partnership for Education and Training
|OSHA 10 Hour Safety
|Class B License with air brake endorsements
Sample 3: (Performance)
STEVEN JAMES WENDINGTON
33 Croton Drive
Atlanta, GA 60543
- Extensive experience in cost and schedule planning and control, preparing
annual operating and capital expense budgets, project management, program
planning and implementation, estimating costs and preparing cost proposals
for contract modification, forecasting sales, profit and expenses.
- Knowledge of county policies; cited by Los Angeles county “built
good professional relationships in many County government agencies”.
Set up all administrative functions and acted as Office Manager for
project specific County office.
- Certified in time management with experience coordinating up to 8
project sites concurrently. A hands on manager with a team oriented
PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS/WORK PROFILE:
HERITAGE TECHNICAL, 1980-1995
Organizational Budgeting/Senior Cost Analyst
- Maintain organizational budget for direct labor and indirect labor;
set up, negotiate, and monitor budgets with upper management.
- Set up, plan and monitor overhead and G&A budgets for 7-8 managers
and all aspects of their individual departments, supplies and travel
- Developed model for establishing budget costs on new remote facilities.
Developed the facility requirements, overhead rates, G&A rates,
and program budgeting for major proposals for government contracts.
- Acted as part of the finance group assigned to the Heritage FEMA
program at Atlanta, Georgia.
Lead Program Administrator (Program Controller)
- Took over Program Manager responsibilities to successfully bring
the County-Wide Integrated Radio System project (a $25 million program
with Los Angeles County to install a mobile radio system) back on-line.
- Performed negotiations with L.A. County to perform the above installation
in county facilities, saving an approximate $150,000 in facility rental
fees for Heritage Technical.
- Implemented a field office, performed all aspects of supervision,
scheduling and quality control of the installation of over 2000 mobile
radios, successfully managed completion of close-out work, measured
and analyzed sales, profit, and investment against plan and prepared
program performance review packages for management review.
Lead Program Administrator/Program Controller, County Wide Integrated
Radio System Program, 1991-94
Lead Program Administrator/Program Controller, Digital Antenna Mast Program,
Lead Program Administrator/Supervisor, Federal Emergency Management Administrator
Lead Program Administrator/Automated Weather Information Distribution
System Program, 1983-85
Senior Program Administrator/Supervisor, Data System Modernization Program,
Senior Cost Analyst, Finance Department Product Line Support, 1980-81
EDUCATION, SEMINARS AND SPECIALIZED TRAINING:
BS in Business Administration, GPA 3.7 w/Honors, Jones College, Atlanta,
Program Management Systems 1 & 11, Cost Accounting Leader Training,
Project Control System Training, Administrative Workshop Investments,
Effective Negotiating, Employee Interaction Cost/Schedule Control Systems,
Humphreys & Associates, Atlanta, GA.
Sample 4: (Performance)
James A. Warlow
71 Martin Avenue
Melbourne, FL 32934
To secure a challenging position as a Systems Analyst in a progressive
Over 12 years experience in writing, modifying and troubleshooting
- Hardware: Hewlett Packard, UNISYS A-9, WANG VS85, IBM PC/XT, COMPAQ
386, MS DOS, Windows, IBM 370/168
- Software Utilities: Q-Edit, Supertool, Formation, DBGENRL, Formspec,
Query, Work Flow Language (WFL), Command-Edit (CANDE), Generalized Message
Control System (GEMCOS), Test Control Language (TCL), OBS Wylbur, JCL,
- Operating Systems: MPE, OS/MVS
- Languages: COBOL, dBASE lll Plus, Pascal, Basic, Visual Basic
- Databases: Image databases, KSAM files, MPE files, Omnidex database
- Strong troubleshooter; able to identify problems, diagnose causes
and determine corrective actions while on-call during the weekend payroll
processing at Lockheed.
- Quick learner; able to grasp new concepts in programming very quickly.
- Able to maintain and meet time requirements in zero-error tolerance
- Extremely hardworking and dedicated to enhancing skills as a programmer.
- Comfortable consulting with clients to determine their needs and
HIGHLIGHTS OF ACHIEVEMENTS
Martin Space Corporation: Employee of the Quarter three times with
commendations for development of database systems that allow for smooth
transitioning of company procedures.
Martin Space Corporation, Boston, Massachusetts – 03/15/90 to
Computer Programmer Analyst – 03/16/96 to Present
Management Systems Coordinator Senior – 01/07/95
Computer Programmer Senior – 03/15/90 to 01/06/95
- Produced W-2s, Union wage adjustments, merit increases, payroll processing
and maintained personnel systems and timecard systems.
- Assisted in transitioning several hundred contract employees into
- Coordinated and oversaw wage adjustments for specific jobs for the
Department of Labor.
- Supported implementation of a cafeteria type benefit system.
- Assisted in implementing a call-in program for LMSO.
Computer Systems, Inc., Melbourne, Florida – 04/89 to 12/90
- Provided training to new personnel as needed.
- Maintained program Design Specifications to include System Change
Computer Corporation, Melbourne, Florida – 09/87 to 04/89
Member of Technical Staff/B Programmer
As Programming Team Leader, supervised three programmers and one
test data developer.
Shinney Corporation, Huntsville, Alabama – 07/85 to 09/87
Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, D. C. - 06/82 to 12/82
& 06/83 to 12/83
- Programmed in PL/1, JCL, and Utilities with OBS Wylbur for the Operations,
Facilities Requirements Division – Priorities and Needs Assessment
- Assisted data processing personnel in producing the 1984 Needs Survey
for Congress, which was used to allocate federal funds for building
waste water treatment plants.
Bachelor of Science in Systems Science – 1984
University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
Associate of Arts in Computer Science – 1981
Gainesville Community College, Gainesville, Florida
Sample 5: (Performance)
Sandra M. Weston
110 North 32nd Street
Scotia, NY 12303
back to top
||To utilize proven abilities in administrative
management with a dynamic, growth-oriented enterprise where contributions
to organizational objectives would result in long-term association
and provide opportunities for further advancement.
||Combines university degree with more than
ten years experience in high- volume,
active business environments, which demand sound judgment and well-developed
decision-making abilities. Proficiencies include, but are not limited
||Management & Administration
- A results-oriented professional with the proven ability to create
an efficient administrative support department.
- Developed and managed a new profit center, making significant
financial contributions to company revenue.
- Exceptionally well-organized, detail-oriented and resourceful.
Effective in high-pressure situations.
- Known for initiative and willingness to accept responsibility.
Demonstrated business acumen and ability to meet deadline commitments
with professional accuracy and discretion.
- Rapidly develops any specialized knowledge needed to perform
at peak efficiency.
- A fair, proactive, hands-on manager who enjoys full staff cooperation
based on honesty, mutual respect and shared goals.
- Diplomatic and tactful. Maintains the goodwill to ensure positive,
productive, long-term working relations with people of all levels
including executive level management and VIP’s.
Your Administrative Staff, Inc., Scottsdale,
1995 to Present
Multi-functional position providing the full range of administrative
services for a variety of not-for-profit organizations and trade
associations. Key accounts include one of the company’s
largest clients, The Division of Psychotherapy of the APA
and The American Society of interior Designers (ASID).
- Reports directly to the association(s) Board of Directors,
functioning as the organizational administrator with direct
and on-going client contact to maintain and ensure smooth operations.
- Supervises clerical staff, coordinates all administrative
functions and daily operations including financial tracking
and reporting, answering phone inquiries, resolving problems,
record keeping, newsletter preparation and distribution.
- Coordinates monthly, quarterly and/or annual membership meetings
and ensures meeting notices are sent in a timely manner.
- Attends Board meetings; prepares Board packets; drafts agendas;
takes, prepares and distributes minutes.
- Consistently receives positive commendations for ability
to quickly and professionally meet the needs of diverse associations.
|VeriGant, Inc., New York, NY
Assistant Manager: Corporate Travel Services
1994 to 1995
A vital part of the decision-making team, managing an $8-million
account. Maintained efficient daily operations; responsible for
problem prevention/resolution and crisis management.
- Used negotiating skills in many areas including development
of an international directory of acceptable accommodations,
instituting prompt and accurate direct-pay system and securing
advantageous corporate rates as well as those for a multi-city
tour for a VIP musician.
- Heavily involved in recruitment interviews, making accepted
recommendations for or against hire and managing a 14-member
|Simulas: New York, New York, NY
1990 to 1994
Rapid advancement into management, controlling annual air volume
in excess of $3.5-million, including serving the needs of top
level executive management.
- Credited with turning a service department into a new profit
center. Analyzed and reported quarterly commissions.
- Managed all phases of daily operation and staff supervision.
- Successfully negotiated domestic and international volume
- Devised, coordinated and implemented numerous improvements
to ensure accuracy, enhance profitability and provide rapid
access to information.
- Effective liaison with Accounting and other departments.
Frequently called on to use personal judgment and analytical
sense to prevent problems or use diplomatic approach to problem-solving.
- Consistently met or exceeded performance criteria, receiving
numerous wage increases and bonuses.
|World Specialists Group, New York, NY
Director of Corporate Sales
1988 to 1990
- Personal efforts and honest, direct approach resulted in acquisition
of numerous new accounts and substantial increase in company
- Served as a liaison between clients and agents to maximize
- Involved in the launch of five new multi-million dollar branches,
||State University of New York, New York, NY
Bachelor of Science degree – English
Graduated with Honors