Regional Coord Correctional Food Services - Grade 23

Positions in this title can be hired through NY HELPS

GOT-IT does not provide information on any job postings or job availability. For information on current job postings, please visit StateJobsNY. You may also visit specific New York State Agency websites for information about an agency and its job opportunities.


This title exists in DOCCS Mohawk Cor Facility and has approximately 7 positions.

*The number of positions is approximate and represents the number of positions established (both filled and vacant); it is not an indication or reference to position type or duration, or intent to be filled.

Career Ladder

A listing of titles that are most commonly used as steps for upward mobility for this title series.

Salary Information for Regional Coord Correctional Food Services
Title Grade Hiring Rate/yr Job Rate/yr
Regional Coord Correctional Food Services 23 $84,246 $105,255

All salary grades for trainees titles are non-statutory (NS) equated to the salary grade identified. These grade equations apply to the starting salaries in their respective salary schedule for the traineeship levels.

This title may exist in more than one negotiating unit. This salary schedule represents the most typical salary for this title. Click here to view additional salary information regarding the various bargaining units.

An individual's final salary is determined by the Office of the State Comptroller. This salary schedule does not reflect any Special Salary Treatments

Job Duties

As a Regional Coordinator Correctional Food Services, you will report directly to the Director of Correctional Food and Nutritional Services. Approximately 80% of your time is spent in the field providing direct support and monitoring of Food Service Operations in a specific area. The remaining 20% is spent providing support to the Director in the development of policy and procedures for effective, efficient food service operations on a system wide basis. You will regularly review the operation of individual correctional facilities food service operations for compliance with New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision Policy and Procedures, adherence to New York State Department of Health State Sanitary Code subpart 14-1 and standards set forth by the American Correctional Association (ACA); and provide assistance and troubleshooting in support of a facility food service operation. You will also conduct in-depth site visits of individual correctional facilities food service operations to monitor the following areas: sanitation and hygiene, food handling procedures, operations and management, and compliance with ACA accreditation standards. Additionally, you may perform duties normally assigned to subordinate staff, on an as needed basis.

View the classification standard for this title which illustrates the nature, extent and scope of duties and responsibilities of the classes they describe.

Summary of Minimum Qualifications

For informational purposes only, click on the examination number(s) listed below to see the current or previous examination(s) that are used to fill this title.


Please note: qualifications for this position may be subject to change. Job postings on StateJobsNY will contain the most up-to-date qualifications.

How to Apply

All HELP and NY HELPS open positions are now posted on StateJobsNY. It is now even easier for Jobseekers to find openings and connect with New York State agencies.

To narrow your search to NY HELPS jobs, click on "For the General Public", then "Search Vacancies", and select "Yes" on the NY HELPS dropdown to narrow your search to NY HELPS jobs.

Directions to apply will be specified on each individual job posting.

Mobility Options

Career mobility is not just limited to the titles in the Career Ladder, above. Additional movement may be achieved through transfers opportunities or other examinations.

For additional information or clarification of transfer determinations, current State employees should contact the Career Mobility Office at (518) 485-6199 or (800) 553-1322.

You can also visit ELMS Online to view established open-competitive, promotion, and transition eligible lists.

back to top