New York State has approximately 1 positions* in this title statewide. You may view a breakdown of positions by county. This position exists in P&R Genesee. View links to all New York State agencies including agencies that have this title. For more information, New York State employees can contact the Career Mobility Office at (518) 485-6199 or (800) 553-1322. If you are not a current New York State employee, you can use the Department of Civil Service Web site to explore possible employment opportunities.
*The number of positions is approximate and represents the number of positions established (both filled and vacant); it is not an indication or reference to position type or duration, or intent to be filled. If you are viewing a trainee title, please note this number reflects the number of positions established at the journey level. Agencies may fill at the trainee level(s) or at the journey level based on employee qualifications. GOT-IT does not provide information on any job postings or job availability. For information on current job postings, please visit State Jobs NY. You may also visit specific New York State Agency websites for information about an agency and its job opportunities.
A listing of titles that are most commonly used as steps for upward mobility for this title series. The salary schedule for this career ladder is also available.
PARK WORKER 1,
· Removes snow, mows lawns, and removes trash and other obstructions from the buildings and surrounding areas.
· Cleans building facilities and restores and refurbishes fixtures.
· Inspects, checks and patrols park areas to detect burglaries, vandalism, equipment failure and maintenance problems.
· Provides patrons with information regarding park facilities and use.
· Occasionally performs routine and repetitive office tasks such as filing, alphabetizing, copying, etc; using standard office equipment.
· Runs errands, delivers and sorts mail.
· Sells tickets to park patrons, makes change, and prepares standard reports of day's receipts by reconciling money received with the value of the tickets issued.
· Sets up equipment for sporting events, conferences, seminars, and special events.
· Directs the parking of cars.
View the classification standard for this title, on the Classification and Compensation webpage.
The NYS Title and Salary Plan provides additional information regarding other titles. If there is a classification standard available there will be a link under the column labeled STD. NO. If no link is available there is no classification standard available at this time for that title.
Please note: qualifications for this position may be subject to change. If substitutions for education and/or experience are allowed, this information would be available on the announcement.
This title is non-competitive. No examination is necessary. However, you must still meet the Minimum Qualifications of the position.
There are no education or experience requirements. Applicants must be physically able to perform medium to heavy physical labor. When required to operate motor vehicles, candidates must possess a valid New York State driver's license appropriate for the type of vehicle to be operated. Applicants must also be able to communicate orally with other staff and with park patrons.
An examination is not used to fill this title. You must meet the minimum qualifications of the title in order to be considered for this position. You must apply directly to the agency or agencies that have this title.
Career mobility is not just limited to the titles in the Career Ladder, above. Additional movement may be achieved through other examinations, additional education and/or work experience. For additional information or clarification, current State employees should contact the Career Mobility Office. Visit ELMS Online to view established open-competitive, promotion, and transition eligible lists. If you are not a current New York State employee, see Employment Opportunities with New York State and find out how to become a New York State employee.