New York State has approximately 4 positions* in this title statewide. You may view a breakdown of positions by county. This position exists in various agencies statewide. View links to all New York State agencies including agencies that have this title. For more information, New York State employees can contact the Career Mobility Office at (518) 485-6199 or (800) 553-1322. If you are not a current New York State employee, you can use the Department of Civil Service Web site to explore possible employment opportunities.
*The number of positions is approximate and represents the number of positions established (both filled and vacant); it is not an indication or reference to position type or duration, or intent to be filled. If you are viewing a trainee title, please note this number reflects the number of positions established at the journey level. Agencies may fill at the trainee level(s) or at the journey level based on employee qualifications. GOT-IT does not provide information on any job postings or job availability. For information on current job postings, please visit State Jobs NY. You may also visit specific New York State Agency websites for information about an agency and its job opportunities.
A listing of titles that are most commonly used as steps for upward mobility for this title series. The salary schedule for this career ladder is also available.
Similar to Grade 13
Similar to Grade 14
Assoc License Examination Specialist
ASSOCIATE LICENSE EXAMINATION SPECIALIST:
• Supervise a staff of License Examination Specialists; guide and train staff and keep them informed of changes to enacted legislation affecting the licensure process and requirements.
• Establish operating practices, procedures and performance standards for review and approval of educational curriculum relating to trade schools and other educational institutions, instructor qualifications, and continuing education course requirements; audit schools’ operations.
• Supervise the development and implementation of educational standards and related regulations for continuing education; and compile and publish statistics on licensure.
• Perform audits of assigned schools and curriculums within larger institutions; and provide technical assistance to schools and their instructors, administrators and financial officers on the requirements for licensing of trades and professions.
• Work closely with members of advisory boards within professions and trades; oversee the process of collecting user and provider input to proposed changes to laws; work with Counsel’s Office to develop and implement policies relating to trade schools.
View the classification standard for this title, on the Classification and Compensation webpage.
The NYS Title and Salary Plan provides additional information regarding other titles. If there is a classification standard available there will be a link under the column labeled STD. NO. If no link is available there is no classification standard available at this time for that title.
Please note: qualifications for this position may be subject to change. If substitutions for education and/or experience are allowed, this information would be available on the announcement.
Promotion: one year of permanent service as a Senior License Examination Specialist.
For informational purposes only, click on the examination number(s) listed below to see the current or previous examination(s) that are used to fill this title.
When this examination is scheduled to be held, the announcement can be found on the Department of Civil Service, Examination Announcements web page. If you do not see an examination currently scheduled please check back on a monthly basis or sign up for announcement notification by email so that you will automatically be notified when new examinations are being offered.
Career mobility is not just limited to the titles in the Career Ladder, above. Additional movement may be achieved through other examinations, additional education and/or work experience or transfer opportunities. For additional information or clarification of transfer determinations, current State employees should contact the Career Mobility Office. Visit ELMS Online to view established open-competitive, promotion, and transition eligible lists. If you are not a current New York State employee, see Employment Opportunities with New York State and find out how to become a New York State employee.